Who is doTERRA?
The word ‘doterra’ is Latin for “gift of the earth”. doTERRA, the company headquartered out of Salt Lake City, Utah, is the world’s leading essential oil producer with the most stringent farming, harvesting & production standards in the industry. When they came into business in 2008 they found there was no accepted standard for essential oil quality. They created & established an 8-point test for every batch of oils they produce called ‘CPTG’; the acronym for the term ‘Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade’. No other essential oil producer has adopted this standard as yet. CPTG certifies that there are no added fillers, synthetic ingredients, or harmful contaminants in the essential oils that would reduce their efficacy. Most of these oils are pure enough to take internally; a fact most EO companies cannot claim.
This term, CPTC, sounds technical, official & impressive; & it is. doTERRA even goes a step further, putting all their products & packaging through a battery of tests to ensure a long & effective shelf-life. Utilizing its own facilities, as well as trusted third-party labs, each batch of doTERRA essential oils goes through this stringent certification process. If the batch does not meet the required standards, then it is sold to other companies for lesser important purposes.
doTERRA sources oils from all over the world where each plant is considered as “indigenous” as possible. This is important because the plant/s would then naturally receive their best nutrients from the soils at the optimum elevation, climate, etc.
doTERRA has purposed to not own their own farms, but instead to employ & train local farmers around the world, thus reducing poverty & creating & sustaining jobs. These farmers receive fair, on-time payments, including pre-payments to help sustain them financially while they are developing the best crops possible. Multi-year, long-term partnerships are established with the growers & distillers based on solidarity & respect. doTERRA will also do their utmost to meet the immediate needs of each community, such as drilling wells for fresh drinking water, building schools, medical facilities, health & financial education, etc. Fair labor conditions, promotion of co-operatives, environmental stewardship, community development & more are intrinsically important factors in every farming community doTERRA works with.
The Power of Essential Oils at the Cellular Level
Pure therapeutic grade essential oils support & help balance all the systems of the body.
- Pure therapeutic grade essential oils are OXYGENATORS!
It has been tested & proven that EOs can deliver up to 30% increase of oxygen to tissues at the cellular level with no negative side effects. (Some people have used hydrogen peroxide to increase cellular oxygen, but HP only delivers 9.5% oxygen to the cells & extended use has shown to cause depletion of minerals, especially calcium.)
- Pure therapeutic grade essential oils are FREE RADICAL SCAVENGERS!
Because of their ability to oxygenate, EOs go after areas of oxidation. They move at “lightning speed” to work where they are needed most in the body. They do not accumulate in the body, but their frequencies & effects are cumulative.
- Pure therapeutic grade essential oils are ANTIOXIDANTS!
EOs are the highest known source of antioxidants because of their potency. They assist the body in the release of toxins, cleansing the body, leading to the rejuvenation of tissues.
When used in their liquid forms, EOs appear in clinical studies most often in relationship to the growing resistances of antibiotics.
- Embody the regenerating, protective, & immune-strengthening properties of plants.
- Constituents are both small in molecular size & are also lipid soluble, allowing many of them to easily & quickly penetrate the skin & cell membranes, even if those membranes have hardened because of an oxygen deficiency.
- Have the potential to affect every cell of the body within 20 minutes & then be metabolized like other nutrients.
- Are very powerful antioxidants
- You CANNOT develop a resistance to EOs because the chemistry of an EO is so complex, microorganisms can’t develop resistance to them by mutating!
- Do NOT accumulate in the body.
- Have an electrical affinity to the electrical vibrations of organs & body systems in our bodies (frequencies)
- Clinical research shows that EOs have the highest frequencies of any natural substance known to man, creating an environment in which disease, bacteria, virus, fungus, etc. cannot live.
- Many EOs have been found to displace bound drugs that adhere themselves to the plasma proteins (albumin) in our blood. But, because of this, precaution must be taken when using EOs in conjunction with certain pharmaceutical drugs. Consult a physician first.
- Do NOT stain fabrics, but ARE powerful solvents (will harm paint/varnish, plastics, etc.)
What are Free Radicals & Antioxidants?
Free Radicals: as found in the Webster Dictionary: an especially reactive atom or group of atoms that has one or more unpaired electrons; produced in the body by natural biological processes or introduced from an outside source (tobacco smoke, toxins, or pollutants, etc.) & that can damage cells, proteins, & DNA by altering their chemical structure.
Oxidative stress, an imbalance between free radicals & antioxidants, causes damage & disease. Free radicals, atoms with an unpaired electron, steal electrons away from normal atoms. Normal atoms are then transformed into free radicals, resulting in protein, DNA, & tissue damage, as well as disease. EOs & other antioxidants can inhibit free radical damage by donating an electron to a free radical. Antioxidants do not become free radicals because they are stable in either form.
This unstable atom looks to attach itself to a stable atom in the attempt to become balanced, thus creating a cascade of more free radicals, until a stable atom comes along & inhibits/stops the process.
Antioxidants: as found in the Webster Dictionary: a substance that inhibits oxidation or reactions promoted by oxygen, peroxides, or free radicals.
Antioxidants quench or neutralize free radicals. Inhibit free radicals from creating new free radicals from normal atoms. Antioxidants do not become free radicals because they are stable in either form.
What is the ORAC System?
The ORAC system (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity), developed by the National Institute on Aging, is a measurement of the antioxidant value in foods & pure therapeutic grade essential oils. Here is a listing of the ORAC values of CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) EOs:
- Clove / 1,078,700 (highest ORAC value of any substance known!)
- Myrrh / 379,800
- Coriander / 298,300
- Fennel / 238,400
- Clary sage / 221,000
- Melissa / 134,300
- Marjoram / 130,900
- Ylang ylang / 130,000
- Wintergreen / 101,800
- Geranium / 101,000
- Ginger / 99,300
- Black pepper / 79,700
- Vetiver / 74,300
- Basil / 54,000
- Patchouli / 49,400
- White fir / 47,900
- Peppermint / 37,300
- Dill / 35,600
- Lime / 26,200
- Cypress / 24,300
- Grapefruit / 22,600
- Thyme / 15,960
- Oregano / 15,300
- Cassia / 14,800
- Cinnamon bark / 7,100
- Wild orange / 1,890
- Lemongrass / 1,780
- Helichrysum / 1,740
- Lemon / 660
- Frankincense / 630
- Spearmint / 540
- Lavender / 360
- Rosemary / 330
- Roman chamomile / 240
- Sandalwood / 160